We deliver practical, efficient and cost-effective counsel to small businesses throughout Connecticut.
We invest the time to learn about the unique demands of your business. This enables us to provide creative and customized solutions for your business issues. Our small size allows us to respond quickly to both the everyday problems and extraordinary challenges that arise in your business environment. For small and mid-sized businesses that look to us as their “in house” lawyer, we can serve in a general counsel role, providing day-to-day advice.
We offer a wide array of legal services to our business clients, including:
- Business Formation – providing guidance in the selection and formation of an ownership structure
- Contracts and Leases – reviewing, drafting and negotiating letters of intent, purchase/sale agreements, leases, licenses, customer/vendor contracts and independent contractor agreements
- Financing – negotiating and documenting acquisition financing, real estate loans, lines of credit and workouts; providing secured party representation in bankruptcy
- Disputes and Litigation – providing counsel and representation in landlord/tenant disputes, breach of contract, shareholder/partner/member disputes, business fraud, trade name misappropriation, unfair competition, interference with relationships, title claims and foreclosures
- Succession Planning – reviewing and preparing organizational documents, including shareholder agreements, operating agreements and partnership agreements; providing tax and estate planning advice
- Labor and Employment Relationships – drafting, defending and enforcing employment agreements, including executive compensation agreements, non-compete, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements, restrictive covenants and workplace separation/severance agreements; advising on employment law matters, such as discrimination and wrongful termination
- Dissolution and Reorganizations – representing owners, buyers and sellers in asset sales/purchases, stock sales/purchases, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, reorganizations and dissolving business entities
- Regulatory Compliance – assisting in compliance with land use, zoning and environmental laws